Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Handstitched festive banner



Stopping by today to share a tutorial I created for Spoonflower, and this is a project I love! I just KNOW I'm going to be making more banners for other holidays and occasions, using this method. I used picmonkey's free software to create the design for this and then Spoonflower printed it on to fabric for me.
When I got the fabric home, I used the printed wreath design as a guide for adding handstitched detail to the leaves and mistletoe berries. Here's a close up. I used French knots for the berries, and a variety of different stitches for the leaves.


 I grabbed a twig from the back garden and used it for hanging the banner on the wall. Want to make your own? This is a VIDEO tutorial and I lay out the steps for creating this project from start to finish. You can personalize this with your own phrases and designs - it's the perfect project for a novice designer because it's so easy. You can read the full post and watch the video here.



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Hello Beautiful | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig